Friday, November 10, 2006

Yes, it is all about me. Why?

48 47 Things You Could NOT Care Less About (someone ate #34)

1. FIRST NAME?
Julia

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
A couple of weeks ago, when I had a mini-nervous breakdown.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Depends on the day.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Extra, extra rare roast beef. Or pastrami. Or corned beef on rye with swiss cheese and mustard.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
Uh, yeah.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
I do.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Jesus, no.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No, even my sneakers are slip ons.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically, not on your life. Mentally? Some days, yes. Some days, hell, no.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR?
Depends on the day. Chocolate marshmallow. Herrell's Carrot Cake. Herrell's Maple Walnut. Pretty much anything that Mt. Tom Ice Cream makes. 'tis divine.

14. SHOE SIZE?
9, 9.5 or 10, depending on the shoe and if I'm pregnant or not.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red wine. Red cars. Pink carnations.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
There are too many to list - my body, my tendency towards depression and self-pity, my propensity to worry far too much.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My friend Caragh, in Dublin, and my Grandma who died in 1983. She rocked.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
No

19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
No shoes, stripey Victoria's secret undies and a red Clutch Grabwell t-shirt (hey, I'm blogging in bed, what do you want?)

20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Terra chips

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Some show on diners on the Food Channel.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
Cobalt blue or Imperial purple

23. FAVOURITE SMELL?
The smell of baking bread. Cut grass. Old-fashioned roses.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
TCBIM.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
Their vocabulary and sense of humour. First must be vast, second must be dark.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
Yes.

27. FAVOURITE DRINK?
non-alcoholic - San Pelligrino mineral water
alcoholic - A good red wine or a Guinness

28. FAVOURITE SPORT?
Baseball

29. EYE COLOUR?
Swamp water brown.

30. HAT SIZE?
No idea, I don't do hats.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Not any more.

32. FAVOURITE FOOD?
The short list: Lobster with drawn butter, cheesecake, Reubens, fish and chips, mussels with garlic and chopped tomato, Ipswich fried clams from The Clambox, clam chowdah (are you sensing a theme here?), sushi and (finally) filet mignon, cooked black and blue. And about 87 kinds of cheese. Mmmm, cheese. There's more, but I'll use up the internet if I continue.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer.

36. HUGS OR KISSES?
Both, please, as long as it's from someone nice.

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
Cheesecake. New York style, not that shit you make in the fridge.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Ummm....

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Erm....

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Must Have Been Something I Ate - Jeffrey Steingarten. George III by some guy, Lang, I think, and (still) The Most Of P.G. Wodehouse.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
A drawing of a dog that O did a few years ago.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Countdown with Keith Olberman

43. FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
Seagulls. Rain on a tin roof. Silence.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
Bruce Springsteen. I don't like the Beatles at all and I'm sort of meh about the Stones.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Yerp.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
The ability to diagram a sentence.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Indianer.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
No one, I stole it from Joke.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mini-nervouse breakdown. I'm right there with ya, sister.

Was it during the full moon? Because if so we could have shared a room at the funny farm.

mel said...

"29. EYE COLOUR?
Swamp water brown."

I always refer to my eyes as "poop brown." :)

Anonymous said...

I always refer to my eyes as shit stain brown, though Mike protests and says espresso. Snort. Uh huh. He's just trying to get into my pants, me thinks.

Mmmm, cheese.

Kelsey said...

You can tell where you're from by your list of favorite foods :)

Scott K. Johnson said...

I love Cap'n Crunch too (with or without crunchberries) - but I hate how it destroys the roof of my mouth.

Maybe I'm just wolfing it down too fast?

Major Bedhead said...

Nah, you have to eat it fast, Scott. Otherwise it just turns to mush and once it turns to mush, you realize just how much like styrofoam the stuff really is.

motherbumper said...

Tendency towards depression, self-pity and propensity to worry too much? New York style Cheesecake all the way? We would get along great.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

This was great!

Funny enough, I watched that same show on the Food Network. What can I say? I love diners. And seafood! Now I'm craving seafood!