Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Procrastination Meme

Explain what ended your last relationship?
His drinking up the rent money and whoring around.

When was the last time you shaved?
Legs - Monday. Underarms - this morning

What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
Wiping up cereal and milk while gulping down a mostly-cold cup of tea.

What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Trying to get the Bug to go to sleep (it's 12:20 a.m. here so that sleeping thing I was so smug about? Yeah, fucked that one up, didn't I?)

Are you any good at math?
Um, no.

Your prom night, what do you remember about it?
Harldy any of it, and not because I drank, but just because I'm OLD and I've managed to block out most of my childhood. Huge swathes of my adulthood are blanks, too.

Do you have any famous ancestors?
Well, the scuttlebutt is that Admiral Lord Nelson is a distant relative, but somehow, I doubt that.

Have you had to take a loan out for school?
No

Last thing received in the mail?
Bills and junk

How many different beverages have you had today?
Three different types, many different times. None alcoholic, sadly.

Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
Of course.

Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
J. Geils Band, at the Gahden, 1982

Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
No, because I'm not 7 years old.

What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had?
Root Canal

What is out your back door?
The back garden, the grill, two picnic tables, a bench, a soccer net and ball, a Little Tykes car and a small plastic climbing thing for the girls.

Any plans for Friday night?
Oh yeah, it was big fun. Watched Super Size Me while TCBIM snoozed on the couch.

Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Yes. It's the only time my hair has any curls.

Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
No

Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Yes.

Do you re-use towels after you shower?
Yes.

Some things you are excited about?
Ummmm. Hmmmm. I can't think of anything.

What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O?
I don't do Jell-o

Describe your keychain(s)?
Round metal ring with a NYC subway token and a couple of keys on it

Where do you keep your change?
In a five-gallon water cooler jug.

When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
I've never spoken to a large group. That's my idea of hell.

What kind of winter coat do you own?
Red wool 3/4 length not-quite-a-pea-coat from LL Bean (via Goodwill)

What was the weather like on your graduation day?
Pissing down rain

Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
Open so I can hear if I get paged

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the meme! I do find you fascinating and altogether very interesting! I am hoping your health is doing well, I have been worried.

Beck said...

Excellent.
I didn't go to my prom - I had an older boyfriend. Who is now my older husband.