Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Have I embedded that song in your head? Goooooood.




My heart is doing a happy dance for my friend Art-Sweet and her partner Pili. Congratulations, ladies. I'm thrilled for you guys.


This man. I'm not a big one for celebrity crushes, but every. single. time I see George Clooney, I give an involuntary little "Fwwwoooaaaar!" and my knees go all wobbly. I luff him. *drool*


More in the November issue of Vanity Fair .


The Bug is sleeping thru the night. Let me repeat that. Sleeping. Thru the night. I thought it was an anomoly. She started doing it about 4 weeks ago, but not every night. And now? Now it's a bit of a whine, pop her into bed with her eyes wide open and 5 minutes later, she's asleep. I don't have to rock her, I don't have to hold her, I don't have to lie down with her. In fact, she hates all those things. When I try them, she hollers. But if I give her a binky and put her in her bassinette, she goes right to sleep. A bit of a fuss, a bit of a gurgle and Robert's your father's brother, sleeping baby. This? Is a miracle.

See? I can be happy, I can see the good things in life. I'm not a total downer.

9 comments:

LJ said...

Hoozah!!!

Chris said...

Even when you say your a downer you lift me up somehow with your awesome posts.!

MrsFortune said...

Wow!!! That is HUGE when the bean starts sleeping through the night. Welcome back to the real world, mother.

(And PS - Emma Thompson looks like total crapola in "stranger than fiction")

art-sweet said...

Keep on sleeping, baby girl.

And thanks for the happy joy dance.

We are over the moon.

Bea said...

Oooh! Congratulations on the sleeping baby. Long may she slumber!

(And I really enjoyed the "Robert's your father's brother" line.)

Anonymous said...

george clooney? seriously? he SOOO doesn't so it for me...

but i think he was voted people's sexiest man alive again, right?

Vivian said...

Yea Julia! I am so happy for you that there is finally some peace in your home. Congrats!!

OhTheJoys said...

Yummy, George!

graymama said...

Hooray for sleep!