Friday, November 24, 2006

Amazing

So, I was dreading this shopping expedition this morning. I even had this weird dream just before waking where I was being pursued by this guy:



which sucked.

It was with much trepidation that TCBIM and I drove over to Target and Best Buy. The news this morning had reporters at the mall, showing the lines. I, however, was not going to that mall. I was going to the nearly-dead mall. And it was brilliant! I got a parking spot IN THE FRONT ROW. I went in to Best Buy and got the camera I wanted for O, for $50 - for a digital camera! I was in and out in 15 minutes. Then over to Target, where I got her a pair of pyjamas, Yahtzee, Clue, Rook and a couple of shirts. She's done. DONE! I just have to get her a couple of stocking stuffers.

I also got Alex a sweatshirt and a couple of t-shirts. He asked for the newest Roller Coaster Tycoon, so that's his big present. I have to go to Circuit City for that, since I have a gift card from there. I'm not going near that place this weekend, though. It's insane there, by all accounts.

I can't believe that I'm almost done! I have to get Boo something - probably a baby doll, some pyjamas and stuff like socks and tights. And The Bug will just get a stocking with binkies (god, where do those things GO? Is there a binky theif like there's a sock theif?) and maybe a rattle or something like that.

I have no idea what to get TCBIM. He wants poker chips. Um...maybe not.

9 comments:

floreksa said...

CVS...Cute little baby doll with bottle, bowl, cup, paci...and AquaDoodle. Buy 1 get 1 free!! Got those, a Dora doll and a FP toy for my sister's new baby for $40.

Of course then I got raked over the coals on Christmas lights....

Kerri. said...

Isn't that the guy from the Conan movie? When he and the other wizard have their battle, I almost lost it laughing.

And I can't even talk about shopping at the moment. I'm trying to pretend the holidays are barely a month away. ;)

Major Bedhead said...

Big Trouble In Little China. I LOVE that movie.

Joke said...

I have an extra copy of that DVD, Y'want it?

-J.

Major Bedhead said...

Oooh, yes, please.

art-sweet said...

The nearly dead mall! Ohmigod! You just brought back so many memories.

LJ said...

poker chips with the girls sweet faces on them! bring on the guilt honey!

Joke said...

I'll pack it up and send it along this week, then.

-J.

graymama said...

I love BTILC!!! It was always a good Sunday television flick like Overboard. Funny, they both star Kurt Russell :-P

The Dollar Store is always a good place to find cheap yet cute stocking stuffers. They even have $1.00 children's tights and baby binkies :-)