Wednesday, April 05, 2006

We Are Not Amused





Snow. It's fucking APRIL FIFTH, people! Joke's over, pack it up and get outta Dodge. It's not funny any more.

And the sky is that lovely grey-white colour - the colour it gets when it's going to snow for HOURS or DAYS as opposed to just a flurry. I can hear the daffodils saying "What the fuck, man? I shoved my way out of the cold, dark earth for this? Fuck this for a game of soldiers." Well, I wholeheartedly agree.

It doesn't help that last night was awful. After spending a couple of hours, off an on, trying to get the Boo to go to sleep, I gave up and got into bed with her because I just couldn't deal any more. I have a chest cold and my head, I swear, was about to fall off my neck, it hurt so bad. Even after snuggling with me, she still wouldn't go to sleep, so after half an hour of wrestling with her, I brought her out to TCBIM and dozed off for a while. I guess he put her down in her crib after a while, but she wasn't asleep, so of course, she screamed blue murder, which woke me up. I got her AGAIN and she laid in the bed, crying, until 10:30. At this point, I have such a headache that I feel like I'm going to puke. Got up to get some tylenol and check O's sugar and lo and behold, there's no insulin left in her pump. She does this to me all the time - the pump alarms when it gets low, but she never tells me. So at nearly 11 p.m., I'm trying to change out the reservoir in her pump while also trying to keep my head from splitting down the middle. Get that sorted, go back to bed and the friggin' radiators start their clanging and banging. Got up AGAIN to shut off the heat and get back in bed. Now I'm wide awake. Wide. Awake. So I played Mah Jong on my phone until midnight. Faaaaaaaaantastic. I overslept this morning. Is it any wonder?

Two to four inches of snow and the Sox lost last night. It just keeps getting better and better.

10 comments:

floreksa said...

I HATE NEW ENGLAND!!! LOL

Ugh, hope your not suffering from the same cold as me. Going on 12 days now. Still can't breath and my poor sister's has turned into a sinus infection.

Hope you get a chance for a nap!

Kerri. said...

Julia, the Yankees lost, too. We can heal better just knowing that.

And snow blows.
Blows.

Sandra Miller said...

Snow?

Oh man, I am so sorry.

And what a crummy night!

But hey, as Kerri points out, at least the Yankees lost, too.

Sometimes those little comforts can make all the difference.

Christine said...

Yeah, here in Buffalo we have about two inches of the stuff now. At least it seems appropriate considering I plan to spend the afternoon watching the Chronicles of Narnia.

Christine said...

Yeah, here in Buffalo we have about two inches of the stuff now. At least it seems appropriate considering I plan to spend the afternoon watching the Chronicles of Narnia.

Erica said...

Ugh... that's all I can think of to say.

Hope tonight you get some well-deserved zzzzzzzzzzzz's!

And yeah - wtf is the SNOW all about??!

Bec said...

Snow - or the complete lack thereof - is one of many reasons I love living in Sydney.

but enough with the gloating and more with the sympathising: nights like that complete suck and I hope you get a better day (including instant germ disposal) to make up for it a bit.

Joke said...

Well.

Um.

No snow here. But we do have hurricanes.

-J.

Major Bedhead said...

juliabohemian - it's Queen Victoria. She was famous for saying that.

Here's the Straight Dope on it:
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a940415.html in case you're interested.

Jen said...

I don't think I could handle any more snow right now. But who knows when we will still get it. Last april, I went on a trip to Washington DC. When I left there, it was close to 80. When I got home, it was snowing. It was april 27th!! Ahh, the joys of living in MI (or New England).