This is a cool little quiz. It's based on U.S. info, and the average person only supposedly gets 7 correct. The questions are all based on average, ordinary things you see often, but demonstrates how little most of us really notice about life.
How many can you get right? These simple questions are more difficult than you think. No cheating, no looking around, or using anything on or in your desk or computer. My answers are in the first comment, correct answers in the second.
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there in the USA? (This troubles me if you're a U.S. resident and you can't answer this...)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?
6. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or leftleg? (Don't you dare get up to see!)
7. How many matches are in a standard pack?
8. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
10 Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?(obviously this will be a different answer for those down under)
11. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run? (i.e. toward the top of the circle from left to right or the bottom)
12. How many channels on a VHF TV dial? (I've never seen a t.v. with a VHF dial, so yeah.. I got it way wrong)
13 On which side of a women's blouse are the buttons? (Don't look down and check)
14. Which way do fans rotate?
15 How many sides does a stop sign have?
16. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
17 How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
18. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
19. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
20. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package? (this has always irked me)
21 On which playing card is the card maker's trademark?
22 On which side of a Venetian blind is the device that adjusts theopening between the slats?
23. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
24. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
25. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?