Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's a good thing I don't own a gun.

I'm starting to think I killed babies in a past life.

O called me at work today and sounded upset. When I asked her what was wrong, she said at lunch, some kids pointed, laughed and said "ewwwww, gross!" to her about her pump infusion site. This is what they look like:




It's not gross, you can't see a fucking thing except something white, like a round band-aid, and some tubing.

So these little fucktards have now upset my daughter and I have to go in to the school tomorrow to see what can be done about it. I would like to hold them all down and poke them with blood glucose testers about 8,000 times, but I'd probably go to jail for it. And they frown on using skulls as drinking vessels these days.

Honest to god, I'm about ready to kill someone. I'm not a violent person, but it's a damned good thing I don't own a gun.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Why did she show them the infusion site?

Girls can be idiots, but if it upset Olivia, I would certainly go to the school to get the situation taken care of.

Major Bedhead said...

She didn't, Shannon. It's in her arm and she was wearing a short-sleeved shirt. They said it as she was walking by.

juliab - her's has a clip, so she just clips it to her jeans.

Anonymous said...

Between this post and the previous one all I can say is God, people suck. I'm sorry.

Kerri. said...

What a bunch of bullshit. Olivia shouldn't have to deal with those cruel kids.

I wish you luck in setting them straight. If anyone can do it, you can.

Angewl said...

I completely understand the need to inflict violence. I know she had to of been so upset!! Mean, cruel kids.

I hope I am doing something right and my kids do not act like that.

Major hugs to O and you!!

Shannon said...

Oh goddamn those girls. Rip them a new one Julia.

Anonymous said...

Kids can be mean. If it wasn't Olivia's infusion site it would be someone else's funny sugnlasses or the way another kid walks or someone else who's not wearing the right brand of jeans. Those years are all about conformity, for some kids; and anything different is bad and ugly regardless of what the difference is actually all about.

I hope that doesn't sound dismissive. That sort of thing happened to me a lot at that age, adn I absolutely hated it; I only wish my parents had taken it seriously!

floreksa said...

GRRRRrr.

That would drive me nuts! Kids that age are just so cruel to anything that's "different". The best thing you can do is make sure you loads heaps of love on O and tell her to keep her head up and heart strong and if need be to tell those kids to "Shove it!". They'll move onto the next "victim" when they realise they can't get a rise out of her.

I was trying to find some pics of celebs with their pumps.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

Boo! :( Hiss :( Kids can really be just plain mean when it comes down to it. Hey, even adults can be- which is pretty lame, too, since they should know better.

It's easy for me to suggest that you tell her to let those things slide off her back, but honestly, I was a very sensitive and emotional kid and it would have bothered me too. It's bad enough the kid has to deal with this illness, but to tease or pick on her b/c of it, or b/c she stands out in some way, is just stupid.

I hope that these mean kids learn that karma's a bitch