Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Six Test Strips

That's how many test strips O has left until Friday, when TCBIM gets paid. I haven't ransacked the entire diabetes cabinet for spares and I hope that I find a stray batch of One Touch or something. Otherwise I'm going to have to borrow money from my mother and I hate doing that. I hate getting lectured, I hate asking. I'm forty fucking years old. I shouldn't be in this situation.

It's amazing how quickly you can sink when you live paycheck to paycheck. We pretty much always have, but it was always two paychecks. Now it's just one, and one that is less than it was a year ago. TCBIM is starting to make more money, but it's a slow process and we're already so far behind that every penny we have is going towards bills. It's a good thing we don't have any credit cards or we'd really be screwed.

Tonight I'm taking the laptop to bed and I'm finding a job. I have to. We can't go on like this, we'll lose our house soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Julia)))

Good luck with the job hunt. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

LJ said...

Big big hugs!!
Good luck with the job hunt!!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Hey Julia,

I know how you feel about this kind of thing, but I need to offer.

I would love to send you a vial or two of one touch ultra strips. Contact me via e-mail if I can do that for you.

I'm sure you'll have offers coming out of the woodwork in a matter of hours - so, you'll simply HAVE to accept one of our offers.

Keep your chin up!

Nicole P said...

I have strips you can have too, Julia. They are Ascencia Contour strips - I have an extra bottle I can send... Let me know, you have the email.

Erin said...

count me in - I don't have the strips, but I will certainly send you some money through paypal to get them - and I'm serious!!!

I know what this is like, I go through it every single week. I'm doing a little better now, but when I first left my husband a couple of months ago, I was evicted, almost lost my car, had some of my utilities shut off, and had to sell almost all my cd's, stereos, and old toys just to get money for food.

There were lots of offers to help me too, and I turned them all done - a big mistake. No matter how much you don't like to ask for help (believe me I'm so with you on this one), you have to do it. So, you email me back - my address should be on this comment - and you tell me how much you need. I don't have a lot, but I will give you whatever I have in there - okay?

HUGS!!

floreksa said...

Its probably a little too late, but you know I'm right down the street if you ever need a spare bottle or 2 of strips or insulin!

I'm still on my preg amounts of both, so I have LOTS hanging around.