Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's My Party....

I had people over last night for my birthday. I spent all day Saturday cleaning and cooking and getting ready. Everyone showed up around 5:30 and it was mostly a fun time. The Shriek Sisters were pretty good until about 7:30, when they started to melt down a bit, but I expected that - it was past their bedtime.

What I didn't expect was for everyone to pack up and leave at 8. Especially since the ones who left are typically real night owls. It was kind of a bummer. I felt like I spent all that time preparing but I didn't have any time to relax and socialize with anyone before they all went home. Just as I was getting to that point, poof! Everyone was gone.

Unfortunately, I then thought it would be a good idea to finish the bottle of wine that had been opened. I spent most of the day today on the couch, placating the kids with cereal bars and Noggin as I winced and held a washcloth over my eyes. Oy.

TCBIM gets home tomorrow night. He owes me big for this.

6 comments:

Lara said...

happy birthday! i'm sorry it wasn't as fun as you would have liked. trust me - if i'd been there, it would have been awesome times. lampshade-on-the-head kind of awesome. oh yeah...

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry it wasn't more relaxing for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, darlin!

Yes, he owes you way big time!

Mamma Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!

mamatulip said...

Happy Birthday...I'm sorry it wasn't more, uh...fun.

kittenpie said...

Ouch. Hope you are feeling better - and that you get something veeeery special in return!