Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!

It's International Talk Like A Pirate Day.




Edited to add:




My pirate name is:


Black Jenny Rackham



Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Me loves that picture, savvy? I'll drink to that, me thinks.

LJ said...

I never caught the appeal of this guy but for you I'll have a drink in honor of your favorite pirate. *wink*

George said...

Shiver Me Timbers! Another Land lubber celebrates ye greatest day of thee year! ARRRRRR!!!!!

Kerri. said...

Argh, me hearty. (Is that right?) Here be the results of my pirate name:

Dread Pirate Bonney

Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how to make a profit. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Bea said...

Fun quiz! (I can never resist these.)

I'm Bloody Grace Flint (on my second try - the first time I was Captain Grace Flint, which may have been better, actually):

"Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!"

Anonymous said...

Arr! We be cousins! You can call me Captain, matey:

Captain Mary Rackham.
Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge.

Yo ho ho on the best day of the year. (Man, I wish I'd known it was Talk Like A Pirate Day at work today. That would've been a hoot!)