Something to do on Labour Day.
One book that changed your life:
The Daughter Of Time by Josephine Tey. It got me started on a serious obsession with all things Tudor (I know it's about Richard III, the last Plantagenet). I know now more about Henry VIII than anyone outside of academia should know. And I love it.
2. One book that you've read more than once:
I've read a ton of books more than once. My favourite to read again and again is Little Women. I love Jo March.
3. One book you would want on a desert island:
How To Get Off A Desert Island by S.H.I. Precked.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. If you've only seen the movie (my apologies), go read the book. It's seriously funny shit.
5. One book that made you cry:
The Sparrow - Mary Doria Russell. Sobbed like a baby.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
How To Avoid Marrying The Guy Who's Just Like Your Dad
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The fucking DaVinci Code. Jesus, I hated that book.
8. The book that you are currently reading:
I'm always reading more than one.
Shoulder The Sky - Anne Perry
The Most Of P.G. Wodehouse
9. One book that you have been meaning to read:
Just one?? Good grief.
An Instance Of The Fingerpost - Iain Pears. It's been on my shelf for years and I just can't get into it and it sits there, making me feel guilty.