Saturday, August 02, 2008

Because I Like Bandwagons

...and this seems like a good one to jump on.

It's no secret that things are tough all over the place. That Canadian Boy I Married hasn't been laid off (knock wood, turn around three times, go outside and spit), but his work has definitely slowed way down, which means his commissions have gone way down which means we've had to tighten our belts. I've been applying all over town for part-time jobs and have an interview with Big Box Bookshop That Starts With A B But Doesn't Contain An N next week. I really hope I get it because, hello? Me? Books? Coffee and cheesecake? That would fucking rock.

But there are a lot of other bloggers out there who have it much tougher than me right now. Bloggers who don't have jobs, bloggers who are ill, bloggers who are going thru hell and writing about it with dignity and grace and even some humour. Kristin, at Motherhood Uncensored, has put together a Blog The Recession carnival for the month of August. All she asks is that you click thru from your feed reader to read your favourite bloggers on their site, generating a little more ad revenue for them. That's it. You don't have to leave a comment, you don't have to do anything, just that one little extra click.

I put a button up over there in my sidebar. If you want to see the other blogs involved in this, just click.

Community in action. It's a beautiful thing.

11 comments:

Lara said...

this is me, clickin' through... :)

SUEB0B said...

And now maybe more people will comment, too! Comments are like food to me.

Zazzy said...

But I would spend my entire salary buying books... Good luck! Or break a leg? Strain an eye?

Laura Marchant said...

First time here today...good luck with the job :-)

MsPrufrock said...

What a great idea.

I worked at the same bookstore for two years. Loved it. They used to have a book loaning programme for staff, I'm just sayin...

tata said...

I found you through Kristin's site and before posting about it, I thought I'd go through and comment on all the blogs she listed, as well as those who left comments! So I'm in!!!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I just joined the Blog the Recession. Such a great idea and fun as well. Another fun perk is finding great new blogs to frequent :)

Dea said...

Clinking through too! :D

Anonymous said...

Ha! I too worked in a bookstore for a number of years, and they too had a "book loaning" program to staff. Mainly one which involved finding a copy that was (oops!) damaged while being unpacked-damaged books free to good staff homes. Bliss.

Daisy said...

Here I am, feeding the piggy bank, hopefully making a difference. I enjoy comments; I wish some of my lurkers would say something!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Love your site! I am a transplanted Boston mom now living in FL. Was back home this summer tho: Cape Cod, Chowder in bread bowls, tour of fenway park... home sweet home, sniff sniff. Anyway, I'm here to blog the recession! And so cool to check out great blogs like this one too.