- I got my hair cut a la Dawn French. It looks good, but I think the fringe needs some work.
- I've been going to the gym 5 days a week for the last three weeks. I'm gobsmacked that a. I haven't injured myself and b. that I actually enjoy it.
- I am in love with these guys. They're like kamikaze Strunk & White. Fantastic.
- Bruce Springsteen tickets go on sale on Saturday. I. Want. Some. I love me some Bruce.
- If this winter doesn't end soon, I'm going to go to bed and stay there. I'm SICK of being cold.
And now, the memes.
Shannon tagged me for the Six Words meme. This is based on the Not Quite What I Had Planned memoir, put out by Smith Magazine.
Here are the rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir;
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like;
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere;
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links; and
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
Mostly happy, with bouts of blue.
Tagging: Sarah, daysgoby, eliza'smom, Andrea, Ree, and Josie.
And Tracey, at Green-Eyed Mama tagged me for a Seven Weird Things meme. I'm not tagging anyone for this, but if you want to play, feel free and let me know in the comments.
1. I cannot stand top sheets on a bed. If I'm sleeping in a hotel, I untuck them as soon as I get in bed. At home, I don't use them - just a duvet cover that gets washed with the bottom sheet and pillow cases. It makes me nuts to have my feet and legs confined.
2. Since I was a child, I've had a recurring nightmare that features my old Catholic elementary school, on fire, me in a tower at said school with the bust of Shakespeare going back and forth between me and the firefighters who are waiting, with the trampoline thingy, for me to jump. It used to scare the crap out of me, now I just find it vaguely amusing. I have no idea what it means, though.
3. When I hone my chef's knife, I have to do 30 strokes on each side. It's pretty much the only thing I'm OCD about.
4. Except for maybe shutting off the lights. It infuriates me when lights are left on. I spend a lot of time muttering about it as I stalk thru rooms, snapping off switches.
5. I noticed, and pointed it out to people, when the local market changed their signs from 15 Items Or Less to 15 Items or Fewer. I am a grammar geek extraordinaire.
6. I own about 50 books about or to do with the Tudor period, including one on Lady Jane Grey that I spent $75 on. Happily.
7. I have an inordinate fondness for Rube Golberg, Heath Robinson and Edward Gorey. It might be considered a little odd, but if I ever had a separate bathroom for the children, I would get tiles with The Gashlycrumb Tinies on them. Just to keep the little twerpettes on their toes.