Friday, February 08, 2008

Questions That Bother Me So

  • Why do my Q-Tips have an expiration date? What happens when they expire? Do they go moldy? Fail to remove the gunk from your ears?
  • Why won't my kids sleep? The Bug was up at 9:40, 11:18, 12 a.m., 3:29 a.m., 5:13 a.m. and 6:20 a.m.. I gave up at 6:20. Boo? Won't nap. Why don't children appreciate the inherent goodness that is a nap? Is there anything better than laying your head on a pillow, drawing a blanket up snug around you and drifting off to sleep, all while it's still the middle of the afternoon? I think not and I do believe that my children are wretched, rotten creatures for not thinking the same.
  • Did I really have the phone surgically attached to my ear when I was 13, the way my 13 year-old does? She is on the phone and instant messaging at the same time. And that cell phone I thought I was so brilliant in getting for her? She blew threw $25 in two days. In text messages. Guess how happy I was about that one?
  • Can anyone explain the delegate situation to me, without me having to have passed advanced trigonometry first? It's confusing and it makes my head hurt. I love politics and I'm finding this incredibly difficult.
  • Who are we going to get to replace Curt "Oh-My-Achin'-Shoulder" Schilling?
  • When am I going to be able to write a real blog post again? When will my brain stop being a big pile of mush?
  • And finally.

11 comments:

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

When I was 13 I wrote letters to my best friend, every day. And she lived four houses down from me!

Seriously, I think we're going to have implanted radar antennae in our heads someday (a la Kurt Vonnegut).

At least the weekend is nigh :)

Not Afraid to Use It said...

If I figure out the kids sleeping issue I promise to share it with you. As for the cell phone thing, my daughter is only three but I still have to fight her over my blue tooth. I do not look forward to the teen years.

Whirlwind said...

Okay, odd coincidence. I clicked the video and had to laugh. The kids are watching TNBG on TV right now. I can't wait for the new DVD to come in so we at least have a variety. The worst part is they've insisted on listening it to in the van the last few days as well. I could go for some variety!

Naomi said...

Oh I love They Might Be Giants! Put a Little Bird House in your Soul.

My Wild Child didn't sleep through the night on a consistent basis until after 3 yrs. old. But the night terrors continued on after that...

SUEB0B said...

Love me some TMBG. "Don't don't don't let's start" is always running thru my head.

Anonymous said...

If you're going to pay for text messaging, better invest in the "unlimited" plan. My teen daughter texts over 3000 messages per month - ARRRRGGG

Anonymous said...

I just found out that pickles (an unopened jar) have expiration dates! Now, I just can't figure out how I had a jar of pickles that expired in 2005 in my cabinet when I've only lived in this house since 2006!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Love TMBG!

And, your writing will come back when you get some sleep! Hope it comes soon! My girls have been doing the 'nighttime dance' lately which is making me batty since they are waaaaayyyy too old for this!

Anonymous said...

Why does a bag of ice contain nutritional information?

Anonymous said...

But it's such intelligent mush! And witty! Don't forget the witty!

Chris said...

I can totally relate on the kids not sleeping. My youngest (almost 11 months) is finally sleeping pretty much through the night now that she has gotten over her cold but my 4 year old is constantly getting up every couple of hours and trying to crawl into bed. When will it end!?!