Monday, February 25, 2008

Bullets Over Bedhead

Stuff I need to write posts about, in no particular order:

  • Bruce Springsteen and the bookends.
  • Emma Thompson and how much I love her. Because I do. Love her. Especially after this comment.
  • The play I went to the other day and what constitutes private and where to draw the line.
  • The women I saw the play with and the hysterical round-about of conversation we had over falafel and diet sodas. At a brew pub. And the raspberry fleece jackets.
  • The Trinity Rep theatre and how fucking gorgeous it is and how come I didn't discover it until I moved almost 2 hours away.
  • A conversation with a friend, who discussed her boyfriend and his body image issues and how every word she used to describe him I could use to describe myself. And how weird that made me feel.
  • The fact that I have *gulp* bought a mini-van. And how any little smidgen of a modicum of a soupcon of cool that I ever had is now blown all to hell.

10 comments:

meanderings said...

Your first mini-van. I did not want our first mini-van. I just really, really hated buying a mini-van. Bought it anyway, hauled kids (mine and others) everywhere, loved it on long trips. And now we own another one, and we don't even have kids at home.

Nicole P said...

A mini-van... Oh boy. The raspberry fleece jackets - LOL, I'm still wondering about those... I'm looking forward to upcoming posts.

Angewl said...

awww.... so what kind of van did you end up with?

LJ said...

Can't wait to everything's all written up! I love reading what you write! Even if it's 2 words!

Chris said...

Yeah, I feel your pain with the Minivan. I am a 34 year old male and my only form of transportation is now a minivan. I left my last bit of coolness at the dealership.

motherbumper said...

Just came back from Shapely Prose - thank you for linking to such a wickedly wonderful post - the world needs more Emma's!

Oh, and sorry about the minivan - it happens to the best if that makes you feel any better.

Anonymous said...

falafel. mmmmmmmmmm.

Jillian said...

I guess this is my delurking comment...anyway I can't wait to read the upcoming fabulousness.

The mini-van will earn you serious street cred, it's definitely done that for me. The ability to cart around large numbers of teenagers, and maneuver the big beast amazes people.

Namito said...

My husband is teasing me about getting me a Hummer when we move up to Maine.

A mini-van sounds like a pretty good thing to me right now...

OhTheJoys said...

That is one enticing list!