Total number of books owned: I have no clue. Hundreds. I have three floor to ceiling bookcases full of books and three half-height book cases full of books. One of the half-height ones has books double stacked because I don't have any more room for any more bookcases.
Last book bought: I bought two, actually. The Sword In The Stone by T.H. White and Life Mask by Emma Donoghue. I got both of them used at this great bookstore called The Bookmill. I definitely need to go back there. Once I've weeded out some of the books already taking up so much space in my house.
Last book read: I'm currently reading Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell. I'm also working on On Borrowed Wings by Chandra Prasad. Both are very good. Both are books I'm reviewing for Mother Talk.
Five Books that Mean a Lot to You:
- Little Women - I've loved this book since I was about 8. I love the characters, I love that it's not all happy, happy and I love Jo March.
- The Sparrow - I couldn't put this book down. I recommend it to everyone. Including you.
- Harriet The Spy - This one made me want a dumbwaiter and a chocolate egg cream.
- From The Mixed-Up Files Of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler - This book made me want to run away to the Met.
- Good In Bed - I know it seems shallow, but I loved this book because of how she described what life is like when you're heavy.
- Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
- Lost And Found - Carolyn Parkhurst
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling (I know, but it really was good.)
- The Les Halles Cookbook - Anthony Bourdain (who is my imaginary TV boyfriend)
- I honestly can't remember what else I've read this year, so it obviously didn't make too much of an impression on me - I did re-read all of the Harry Potter books again, for the umptithird time.