Sunday, August 12, 2007

Follow up post

Things are a little better here. TCBIM did read that blog entry but waited until I brought it up before discussing it. It went better than I thought it would. I didn't cry, which is always good. We talked. He said there's nothing going on but that he understands why I get concerned. He didn't really address the whole falling asleep thing - I don't know, maybe he's just like that. I honestly don't understand how you can sit down and fall asleep in 30 seconds, but he can.

We still need to have a real talk, I think (he's probably thinking "Jesus, another one??"). I don't particularly enjoy these State Of The Union things, but I think they're important. Every few months, maybe twice a year, things seem to come to a head, at least with me. It builds up until I can't stand it anymore. I'm sure TCBIM doesn't really notice these things - the talks always seem to take him by surprise. Are all men really this blind to internal turmoil?

I'm still worried sick about the house situation. I check the apartment listings on Craigslist almost every day. To be honest, most days I'd rather move back into a flat anyway. Things suddenly become Not My Problem. Leaky roof? Not My Problem. Wet cellar? Not My Problem. Mildew in the walls? Not My Problem. That seems a lot more attractive all of a sudden.

I just hope we can patch this place together so that if - not if, when - we do have to sell it, we'll at least not lose too much money. The previous owners managed to pull all this over on us. I'm hoping we can do the same for the next schmuck homeowner.

13 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

Are all men really this blind to internal turmoil?

Pretty much.

Lara said...

*big hugs*

i got nothing more than that.

Beck said...

Stuff can be HARD sometimes. Best wishes.

GETkristiLOVE said...

It sounds like you have a lot going on, hope it all works out for the best.

Hi back.

Kelly said...

I've read the last few posts, and as much as I love REM, I'm sorry you've been listening so much because that means you're not feeling all that chipper. (I can relate, uh huh.) The sleep thing is such a HUGE deal. When you're up all night, it so effects the mood during the day.

How about splitting a gigantic margarita with me? That should make things better for us, in a woozy kind of way, for at least a few hours, right?

SUEB0B said...

Hold on. Breathe deep.

Shannon said...

If you need to "talk" I'm here for you, girl. Please email me...you know how to reach me.

Hang in there.

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

After reading your posts, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe our husbands are related. We also had a REALLy rough patch around Little J's first birthday...many of the same issues that you mention. It's taken a while, but things are better, so hang in there. And... *BIG HUGS*

Anonymous said...

I wish you could change your scenery for awhile - maybe a daytrip with some girlfriends that extends into a weekend, or at least a chance to lie (lay?) on a beach somewhere?

mamatulip said...

Dave falls asleep within seconds. We will be having a conversation and the next thing I know, he's snoring. Mid sentence. Seriously. It blows me away.

Keep on keepin' on, love.

sandy shoes said...

Glad to read that things are feeling a bit better. Have the Talk when you're as much caught up on sleep as you can hope to be. That changes everything.

Hoping for the best for you house-wise, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys talked and the offer still stands if you ever need to vent.
Hopefully things will get better.
Sounds trite but you need to remember to breathe.
Fingers crossed you can get the house situation worked out too.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm coming into this party late, but man--I'm so sorry that you're in such a rough place, both with TCBYM and with the Bug. As always, you're taking care of it, so there's not much I can do except send you a virtual hug and lots of good thoughts!