This is currently making the rounds, so I thought I'd play along.
THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. Ummmm.... Three? My fingernails. They're nice, they look good naked or painted.
2. My skin. I have been graced with good skin genes and don't have any wrinkles.
3. My right foot. It's nice. My left foot has a scar on the big toe, but it's also nice. However, I prefer my right foot. They both look good in peep-toe shoes or in sandals or bare, but the right one has the edge.
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. Hah! Just three, huh? Ok. My body from my neck to my thighs. I am woefully out of shape.
2. My boobs. I've breastfed three children. They just ain't what they used to be. Thank god for push up bras.
3. My teeth. I have been grinding my teeth since childhood and it's taken its toll. My teeth have hairline fractures, which means I have a fuckton of cavities. I have a cracked tooth at the moment - about 1/4 of it is missing and I need a root canal, but I don't have dental insurance and I can't afford to pay out of pocket for it, so I'm babying it along. It sucks.
THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:
1. Something happening to one of my kids
3. Horror movies. I'm a big girl's blouse when it comes to those. I hate them.
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
1. Dental floss (see above, about the teeth)
2. Hand lotion (because, as I keep stating, I'm a delicate, fragile flower who has terribly dry skin).
3. My computer. I can't stand not being connected.
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. I'm Not Really A Waitress polish on my toes.
2. A Jimmy Buffett concert t-shirt.
3. Blueberries (from the Bug, who thought they'd look good smeared across the Buffett shirt. Either that or she was giving her editorial opinion on my lack of fashion sense.)
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE MUSICALS:
1. I'm not a big musicals person. Guys & Dolls
2. Ummmm.... Singing In The Rain
3. Hmmmmm....A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum (which is HYSTERICALLY funny).
THREE OF YOUR [sort of current] FAVORITE SONGS:
1. 1, 2, 3, 4 - Feist. Excellent song, whimsical voice.
2. See The World - Gomez
3. Tamacun - Rodrigo y Gabriela
THREE THINGS YOU WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP:
3. mutual admiration
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS THAT YOU FIND ATTRACTIVE:
1. A 1967 Shelby Cobra Fastback Mustang
2. The Chrysler Building
3. Sand dunes
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO REALLY BADLY RIGHT NOW:
1. Have a gin & tonic
2. Eat one of the chocolate bars I bought today (Dagoba dark chocolate with mint, dark chocolate with cherries and vanilla or dark chocolate with raspberries and rosehips - decisions, decisions, decisions.)
3. Change the song on my Pandora station
THREE CAREERS YOU'RE CONSIDERING:
1. I'm not considering. I am a writer.
2. And a mother.
3. Which is plenty, thank you very much.
THREE PLACES YOU WANT TO GO ON VACATION:
1. Ireland, to see my friend Caragh.
2. The beach. I don't care which one, really, as long as it's clean and there's sand and water and sea shells. Narragansett would be nice. Horseneck is also lovely. I don't need the tropics right now, but check back mid-winter. I'll probably change my tune.
3. Colorado, to see my cousin Sarah (who owes me an EMAIL, hint, hint)
THREE KIDS NAMES YOU LIKE:
Oh please, I had a hard enough time coming up with the four I have. Let's see:
2. Niamh (pronounced Neeve, sort of)
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
1. Travel down the old Rt. 66
2. Get published.
3. Go see a game at every major league baseball stadium, preferably while the Red Sox are playing.
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY A CHICK:
1. I HATE bugs. Hate them. Passionately. If you are a bug, don't come near me because I will kill you. The only bugs I don't kill are ladybugs. And butterflies. Because they're pretty.
2. I cry easily. I cry over stupid things, like my favourite song or a beautiful picture (you should have seen me at the Edward Hopper exhibit this past weekend.)
3. I love shoes. Love. Them. I squealed like a little girl when my DSW rewards certificate came in the mail today. Because it means MORE SHOES!
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY A BOY:
1. I'm knowledgeable about baseball, specifically the Red Sox.
2. I love (good) beer.
3. I enjoy hanging out in bars that have jukeboxes and pool tables and darts. They're not pretentious, they are what they are. Kind of like me.
THREE CELEB CRUSHES:
1. Hugh Laurie
2. Keith Olbermann (yummmmmmy)
3. George Clooney (that man makes me weak at the knees.)
I'm tagging anyone who hasn't done this already.