Friday, June 08, 2007

DFF

Boo rarely wakes up during the night anymore. Once in a great while, she'll call for me, usually because she's lost her binky.

Last night was one of those nights. It was 12:30 a.m. and I had just finished checking O's blood sugar when I heard a plaintive little voice calling "Mama!" I went into her room and she was sitting up in bed, whimpering that she needed a binky. Since it was pitch black in the room, I fished one out of the bucket o' binkies and popped one in her mouth. She promptly lay back down and I spent a moment smoothing the blanket and brushing her hair back from her forehead. I leaned down and whispered "Love you, baby," reveling in an infrequent tender moment.

She turned over, ripped a wicked fart and started snoring.

Such a delicate, fragile flower.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

That's a sign that she was relaxed and comfortable.

LMAO.

What a serene mother/daughter moment.

Lara said...

that's beautiful. these are the moments you'll treasure forever.

these are also the moments you'll bring up at her wedding, just to embarrass her. good times for all!

Scott K. Johnson said...

LOL!! Ha! That is great!

Jamie said...

LMAO! That sounds like my Dani! The not-so-delicate flower of the house.... cute as hell, but can give her dad a run for his money in the passing gas department.

Too funny!

If not a mother... said...

*big wide snickers*

Paige said...

love it.

my O is at the age where after doing such a thing, she will turn over and announce, "I pooted!!" she's so proud of herself.

Stomper Girl said...

Big noisy kid farts crack me up! Not so cute coming out of their father though...

OhTheJoys said...

A girlie after me own heart!

kittenpie said...

Hee hee hee!
Well, at least sh'e fragrant like a flower...

Anonymous said...

Ha! If you don't get an "I love you too" the next best thing is a giant fart.