Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ain't That A Kick In The Head




8.6% Big fat F, that's what that is.

So, we tweaked her insulin:carb ratio and her insulin sensitivity factor and now we wait. Three days. Two of which she's spending with her father, so I can throw those two days out the window, which means I have to wait until at least next Wednesday, when she's back on a semi-normal schedule, in order to see if there's any pattern of improvement in her numbers.

There was also blood in her urine from the pee test. I have to call the pediatrician to see what that's all about. Hopefully it's nothing. Means another couple of hours missed from work. I don't really care, I'm just wondering how much longer I can keep doing this. My kids are way more important than my job and for some reason, Olivia seems to need me more now than she did when she was little.

Blah. I just want to go home and pull the covers over my head and ignore all this. This keeping on keeping on shit is really wearing thin.

No comments: