Wednesday, January 06, 2010

An Update

I got another email. I think I may have overreacted just a bit. Just a teensy, weensy bit. One of these days I'll learn.

The email:

Yikes.. That did not go the way I intended.

Sometimes I have a hard time getting across what I want to say. Between my dyslexia and being very sick since November my writing has become garbage. But I've been sick my whole life so I try to just get on with it.

Sorry my first email came across all wrong. I still think your awesome, and love reading your blog, when it's not about me. And even if some of us find your Twitter style overwhelming many others hang on every word. I was excited to meet you last summer at the BYOR, and hope you find the time to do more around town. The city desperately needs more good people taking an active role. All the Holyokers I know would love to get to know you in person.

P

So yeah.

This would be me right about now:

10 comments:

Opinionated Gifts said...

Well that makes more sense.

Laurie said...

I am glad the person got back to you though. Misunderstandings suck.

And...I take back my snarky-cursey comment. Sorry, P.

sandy shoes said...

Ah yes... this can be one of the troubles of having an online presence that is only semi-anonymous.

I'm glad P got back to you, but I also wish she'd never written in the first place. It can be really hard to interpret the tone behind emails from people we don't know well.

sandy shoes said...

Also, I gave you a blog award. You don't have to do anything about it -- I kind of don't like them, myself, as happy as I am that people like me. Sometimes. Some people. Whatever. Anyway, checkit :-).

Rich said...

I have never actually used twitter. I might have to though, if you are on it. I miss you a lot.
We need to hang out. maybe this weekend I can come visit or something.

Melissa said...

I think the person STILL shouldn't have sent you a message just to tell you they weren't following you anymore!

Gabriellla said...

I'm glad she got back to you to clear things up, though I don't believe you should tell anyone that you're "not following" them. Why make waves like that?

Regardless if she did get back to you or not I just wanted to say that I do enjoy reading your "tweets" and your blog!

Unknown said...

I think it's ok...at least you know and you learned something, right??

Musing Madman said...

lol this is cute! Been there done that!

Beth said...

There is nothing wrong with reacting to something hurtful. I do think it was nice of P to clarify, but also agree that it really wasn't necessary to declare you un-followed. We all do things in the semi-anonymous world of the internet that we regret...perhaps you BOTH can chalk this one up as a "wish I hadn't".

You're still awesome. :)