Tuesday, May 06, 2008

All A-Twitter Over BFF

(Not that Twitter. I have not succumbed to that particular addiction just yet.)

I'm going to BFF. And I'm going to meet daysgoby, whom I've known (but never met) since our days on BabyCenter - over four years now. And I'll get to meet lots of other cool bloggers, some I know and some I don't.

And I'm going to have 87 different kinds of freak outs before I go and I will probably talk myself out of going at least once, but I'm booking my train tickets this week so that I can't talk myself out of it. Because if there's one thing I'm good at, it's a freak out.
I'm too fat.
I'm too dorky.
I'm too shy.
No one will like me.
I'm too clumsy (good lord, am I clumsy).
I'll get tipsy and I'll never shut up.
I'll get tipsy and morose in the corner.
I don't have nice clothes.
I'll spill something down my front, sure as shootin'.
I need a pedicure.
I need a hair cut.
I need to develop some social skills.
Fat. Always back to the fat thing.

But, goddammit, I'm going.

I can't wait.

Niagara Falls had just better watch out.

10 comments:

Lara said...

you are awesome, everyone will love you, and you'll have a great time. wish you were going to be at blogher, though! :(

Jess said...

Dood -

Wait until I meet you and simultaneously spill something on you AND drop something down my front...

Oh, and I snore. Welcome to Niagara Falls!

We're going to have SO MUCH FUN. And I already like you.

art-sweet said...

Hey, you're going to be driving by my house. Stop and meet P'ito, why doncha?

And if you spill something on your chest, it's just because you HAVE a chest! (says the girl who drops popcorn down her cleavage by accident)

Major Bedhead said...

lara - me too, but Canada is way more doable from this side of the country.

dgb - I have ear plugs. And yes. FUN, with a capital Fuh.

a-s - oooh. I'll email you. If I can swing it on the way up to Your Fair City, you could see the whole famdamily.

Shannon said...

Now that you've gotten your freak-out out of the way, have a good time!!

I think you're awesome and love getting together with you. Have faith that you're cool ;)

Anonymous said...

We don't know each other yet but this post makes me like you already! It's an awesome group of reallllly nice bloggers that are coming. Can't wait to meet you!

motherbumper said...

You are going to have a blast and OMG I love DGB so you have the coolest roommate GUARANTEED!

MsPicketToYou said...

jealous. sigh.

rae ann said...

holyFUCK! i wanna go!!!!! i wanna hang with you and jess and spill shit and trip over eachother's feet... that sounds like the best time ever!

Josie said...

I so wish I could go to this, as its only 35 minutes from home. Alas, I will be travelling for work.
Have an absolute blast and get the freakin out over with quick...everyone will love you.