I've seen this floating around on several blogs and thought I'd swipe it.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Started a regular exercise regimen that I kept up for 8 whole months.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make resolutions beyond the normal Do Better one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My stepbrother and his wife had a little boy in November.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I'd like to have less depression and a more stable economic situation.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The election. It still gives me chills.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 20 lbs and swimming a mile 3 times a week.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Is depression a failure? Because it's completely derailed my life this past year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the fucking depression thing.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New bras. I wish I was kidding, but since I'd been wearing nursing bras since 2004, it was pretty damned nice to get new ones.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine. And a good 95% of the politicians and pundits.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, medications and utilities. Fun stuff, no?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Soul Butter. I mean All These Things That I've Done. It's been on endless repeat here at Casa Bedhead
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
We're making the same amount of money but it feels like we're poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Played with my kids.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home and then at my mother's.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Countdown With Keith Olbermann
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
It's a tie between Water For Elephants and Twilight. (hangs head in shame)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My rediscovery of all things Springsteen. And The Killers. I do love a man in eyeliner....
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted The French Laundry cookbook and my MIL delivered. So, so awesome.
27. What did you want and not get?
Time to myself.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My mother took me to lunch. And I'm the answer to life, the universe and everything.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less with the fucked up financial situation would have been nice.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
Books. And the time to read them.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The entire election process had me in a lather for most of the year.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't play favourites.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That children and husbands are messy. And that I'm stronger than I think. I think.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It's a tossup between:
Things been a little tight
But I know they're gonna turn my way.
I am so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes