Monday, October 05, 2009

You Are Missed

No. Nothing dramatic or even note-worthy. Just stuff I miss. A lot. In fact, it may be that I am a bit obsessed.

The best political drama show ever. EVER.






My favourite way to ward off bad juju.



I mean, come on, who puts Gilbert & Sullivan on a political show? Aaron Sorkin, that's who.





*sigh* Oh, Cicely, Alaska, how I wish you were real.






The first episode of Northern Exposure I ever watched. It was so fucked up and weird that I had to keep watching.


And finally, even though I mocked those who watched it when it was on television, I have now become a convert. How I wish there were more.



I loathed this episode when I first saw it, but it's really grown on me....



This is my favourite episode. It's scary as hell and full of awesome.



The theme. The band is called Nerf Herder, which makes my inner geek grin.

(Also, Fox kind of sucks balls for taking down clips from the show - I couldn't find 90% of what I was looking for.)


7 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, I do miss West Wing! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that show, and nothing compares. I don't remember that Charlie Brown clip, but it made me laugh. I think I saved the last season, may have to go back and watch it one day soon!

Sarahtoo said...

Hey there! Glad you're back!

Although I didn't watch WW or Northern Exposure, I miss Buffy. A lot. Coincidentally, I just watched the musical episode last week, and have begun working my way through the dvds starting at season 1. Such a great show! Joss Whedon rocks!

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Never thought I would find myself acutely missing anything from the 90s...*sigh*

My boss is a dead ringer for CJ!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm a former reader, back after a time away. Just saw your last couple posts about drinking. You sound like me a few years ago. At the risk of deafening you with drum pounding, go to AA. They let anyone in, all meetings are different and after one or two or more you will find someone who will shepherd you, and if you don't, you can ask ANYONE there and they will try to help.
I was bored, angry, resentful, disassociated and could not conceive of never drinking. I'm OK now, but I could not achieve that with partial measures (I tried). I don't go to meetings now, but they saved my life.
Jenny

MsPrufrock said...

Oh, how I loved Northern Exposure. I think that John Corbett's character formed my idea of my perfect man when I was a teenager. I had the soundtrack as well, and played it on an almost daily basis. Sigh.

Unknown said...

Oh I wanted to live in Cicely SO badly! and that Flying Cow episode was one of my favorite. Do you remember when Chris strung the lights in town??

Minnesota Nice said...

Julia, last year I got some extra $ back from taxes and bought the entire Northern Exposure - all 6 seasons. Since then I have probably watched each disc at least 10 times. Just love it.
My favorite character is Walt the trapper.