Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Body Drama


This is a MotherTalk book review.

Body Drama by Nancy Amanda Redd is the book I wish I'd had when I was a young teenager. It discusses the things you don't want to even think about when you're 12, 14, 15 years old and it does it in a down to earth and friendly fashion. There are photographs galore and they aren't the airbrushed things you find in fashion magazines. They're of real young women with real bodies who have real issues and problems.


Read the rest of the review here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine that. I just read another review of this book a couple days ago and meant to ask you if you'd heard about it. Knowing that you've been concerned about O's body image and all.

BookMamma said...

Love the book reviews!

I've been meaning to pass on to you, but its a little OT because its a kids book. The Night Pirates by Peter Harris is SO good and comes with a great CD that tells the story and has cute pirate-y music. It's a bout frilly girl pirates!!
My boys listen to it in the car about 5 million times but it keeps them happy and quiet. And hey... its a book!