Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Aha!

So I'm new at this whole blogging thing (no way, Julia, y'don't say?). I just disovered how to do a title. I was jealous of those with better blogging skills than I have.

That said...I'm still jealous of the blogging skills of some people. I can't seem to think of a thing to say most of the time. The words definitely don't fall off my fingers, rather they stumble and trip and crash into things most of the time. Rather like myself, now that I think of it. It's probably a good thing that I haven't told anyone that I have this blog - they'd all laugh and point and I'd be suitably embarassed.

On to something completely different....

I started Weight Watcher's last week. I did it once before and lost 40 pounds. That's a considerable amoutn of weight. I put it all back on, though, so I'm at it again. I get very bored with the counting and the tracking and the feeling of deprivation. I really like food. I love to cook and I love to eat well. I'm not chowing down potato chips and soda all day long, but put a filet mignon and some pan-roasted fingerling potatoes and grilled asparagus and I will happily clean my plate. Top it off with something decadent like tiramisu or creme brulee and fuggeddit. Eight thousand calories later and I'm rolling out the door.

But I'm going to keep plugging away at this WW stuff. I don't want to weigh what I weigh. I am not deluding myself that I'm going to be 125 lbs, but getting down to 145, 150 would be very, very nice. And that means some serious stick-to-it-iveness, something I've never been good at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your challenge.