Monday, December 28, 2009

Frozen

I haven't posted here in ages because we were going to visit That Canadian Boy I Married's parents and I don't know if they read this and I didn't want to give the game away but now we're here so now I can post. We surprised his parents with a visit for Christmas.

Oh my holy fucking HELL it's cold up here. And it gets dark at, like 3:30 in the afternoon and the sun doesn't come up until almost 9:30 in the fucking morning and it's insane. In. Sane. I could not live here. I would kill myself. Seriously.

But his parents were so happy to see us and it's been a pretty nice visit, all things considered. The girls were fine with flying - in fact, TCBIM is far worse of a traveler than they are. The girls got snow suits from their grandparents and have been having a blast playing outside in the snotsicle-inducing cold and I haven't had to keep an eye on them at all because hello? Doting grandparents. Fab. U. Lous.

In other news, my son and his wife had their baby on the day we flew to Canada. Which officially makes me a grandmother. If I could figure out how to move photos from my phone to my computer, I'd post them, but suffice it to say, she's adorable (of course) and I can't wait to hold a little, smooshy baby again. I'm looking forward to hitting the Roots store in Edmonton tomorrow so I can get her some cute Canadian gear. (Holy SHIT, I'm a grandmother. Holy shit.)

I'd show pictures of all that's been going on up here but The Bug puked all over my camera on the drive up. I am definitely going to need a new camera soon. It was already in rough shape - now, it's totally screwed up.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Aw! Exciting! Can't wait to see her pictures! Glad you had fun up north!

Laurie said...

Congratulations to your son and his wife! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Stomper Girl said...

Congratulations to you and your son and his wife. I guess that makes your small girls aunties too.

Meg said...

Wow. A grandmother? Congrats!! How exciting :-)

ree said...

Naw, you're far too young to be a grandmother. Just go for Nana. ;-)

Better you than me up there in the cold. Oh, wait. It's 21 here. Never mind.

Sarahtoo said...

Wow, congratulations, grandma! That's exciting! And what a great getway for Christmas--sounds like it was sort of a gift for you too, what with the doting grandparents and all. :)

SUEB0B said...

Congratulations, nana!

Angela said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Opinionated Gifts said...

Congratulations!

Rich said...

If you want to move the pics, send them like you were going to send a picture text, but instead put in your email. It should send the pics to your email, and you can grab them from there.