Monday, November 21, 2005

100

My grandmother turned 100 years old on Saturday. She's in a great nursing home and we had a really nice party for her up there. My aunt and cousins flew in from Madrid, her neices came from Montreal and Virginia and one of her nephews came from Ohio for the party. It was pretty cool to see so many relatives. I have a pretty small family, but we still managed to rustle up about 30 people. The music lady at the nursing home even got my grandmother to sing along to You Are My Sunshine and My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean. It was pretty cool. I took some great pictures and now that I finally, FINALLY have my Mac back up and running, I'll try to post one or two.

I don't think I want to live to be 100, though. Not if I'm in the state my grandmother's in anyway. She can't really see or hear, she can't walk, she can't taste much and she can't remember anyone or much of anything. It's sad to see because she was always so alive and interested in so many things. Plus, I feel horribly guilty because I don't got visit her that often. It depresses me. I know - such a lame excuse. I'm a terrible person sometimes.

No comments: